The copyright in the maps and other information (“Data”) is owned by Geographers’ A-Z Map Company Limited (“A-Z”) or its licensors. Maps are based upon Ordnance Survey mapping with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office from whom A-Z has a licence to make the Data available to you.
You are permitted:
1) to load Data into and use it on a single mobile phone which is under your control for personal and Domestic purposes only;
2) to transfer the Data from one mobile phone to another provided it is used on only one mobile phone at any one time;
3) to make up to 3 copies of the Data for back-up purposes only in support of the permitted use. The copies must reproduce and include A-Z’s copyright notice;
4) to transfer the Data (complete with all its associated documentation) and the benefit of this Agreement to another person provided he has agreed to accept the terms of this Agreement and you contemporaneously transfer all copies of the Data you have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this Agreement shall automatically terminate. The transferor does not retain any rights under this Agreement in respect of the transferred Software.
5) to make a reasonable number of copies of the Data using the Software’s built in print facility (if applicable) for your own personal and domestic purposes only.
You are not permitted:
1) to use the Data otherwise than for your own personal or domestic purposes.
2) to print out the Data otherwise than for your own personal or domestic purposes.
3) to load the Data on to a network server for the purposes of distribution to one or more other computer(s) on that network or to effect such distribution (such use requires a separate licence).
4) except as expressly permitted by this Agreement and save to the extent and in the circumstances expressly required to be permitted by law, to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy, modify, adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Data or its associated documentation or use, reproduce or deal in the Data or any part thereof in any way.
This Agreement is effective until you terminate it by destroying the Software and its documentation and the Data together with all copies. It will also terminate if you fail to abide by its terms. Upon termination you agree to destroy all copies of the Software and its documentation and the Data, including any Software stored on the hard disk of any computer under your control.
A-Z or its licensors shall at all times retain ownership of the Data and all subsequent copies thereof regardless of form. This Agreement applies to the grant of the licence contained herein only and not to the contract of sale.
A-Z warrants that (a) the Data is substantially similar to such maps and information in the corresponding print version and whilst A-Z endeavours to keep its map and index databases complete, accurate and up-to-date, all such data is supplied by A-Z on an “as is” basis and A-Z makes no warranty, and has no responsibility to you to ensure, that the Data is complete and/or accurate and/or up-to-date
The express terms of this Agreement are in lieu of all warranties, conditions, undertakings, terms and obligations implied by statute, common law, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise all of which are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
A-Z does not warrant that the Software or Data will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Software will be corrected. You shall load and use the Software and Data at your own risk and in no event will A-Z be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind (except personal injury or death resulting from A-Z’s negligence) including lost profits or other consequential loss arising from your use of or inability to use the Software or Data or from errors or deficiencies in the Software or Data whether caused by negligence or otherwise except as expressly provided herein. In no event shall A-Z’s liability exceed the amount paid by you for the CD or download.
This Agreement shall be governed by English law and you and A-Z agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. If you have any questions concerning this Agreement please write to the address below.
Geographers' A-Z Map Company Limited